retro birthday bash

Sunday, October 14, 2007


This is going to be mostly pictures, because i don't have a lot to say. Except that it was one of the best parties ever thrown. The decorations and food were perfect. Andrea and Lisa were so helpful, i don't think i could have done it without them. As for the food, we had swedish meatballs, pigs in a blanket, a jello mold (ew), deviled eggs, cocktail skewers with olives, pickles, cheese and pepperoni (my gramma would be proud of me), cheese fondue, crab elegante, assorted nuts, a pastel candy tray, cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, haunted chocolate from little poland or something, a sparkling fruit punch, alex's signature drink - the ukranian hula girl, and pink elephant popcorn. We decorated the living room with jewel toned balloons, streamers, magazines and movie posters from the 1950's, a little lounge-y bar area with a neon martini lamp and confetti. I think the best decorations were the serving dishes that andrea and lisa brought. they were very cute, as you will soon see.
Alex had a great time, so i am very happy. I had a blast planning the party and i really wanted her to feel special, because she means so much to me. I wish i could plan parties for all my girls. Maybe i will, maybe i should budget for a party for each girl. Lisa has gotten one already, so either shes next or i take the next 8 months planning irenes!
Id have to say the best part of the night was when we roasted alex. there are a lot of good alex stories floating around, i kind of wished we had scripted it. I love a good roast, i wouldnt mind being roasted, especially if sulu was doing the roasting.
Im very happy with the the guests that came as well. I always love seeing jeremy and gord, it doesnt happen very often any more and i think it should. and andrea gerson came in from montreal! amazing, shes the cutest thing around and so much fun. i wish shed move here f'reals. I cant believe that her and andrea allen had never met before, im glad the party was also bringing people together, how magical. Andrea allen cracks me up, i hope to hang out with her more. and shes quite the style maven.
im listening to the klaxons, undecided if i like them. and trying to eat some cheese nips very very quietly so the crunching doesnt wake al up. i think they are giving me chest pains.
I wish that i had oodles of cash, id just plan party after party.
Ok get ready for the picture parade, im going to try to put them in order from the set up in the beginning to the mess we left until this morning.


























2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greatest party ever. What else to say? Thank you. Love you.

My only regret is that we didn't get the roast on tape. I didn't even remember some of those stories!

weinerdawg said...

u mine as well wait untill my 30th bday for the next big party for me... everyone put on yr thinkin caps it better be a good one and i dont want it 30th themed!