the party squad

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

well i wanted to get up early and get a head start on things today but i was up untill 4 so no dice. i got up around ten and then rosa my nurse came by. after she left al came home for lunch with my coffee. my fave part of the day - i get to hang out with al and drink the greatest coffee around. i could seriously make out with this coffee its so effing good. After al left i worked on some thank you card business, nothing too exciting. i need to get addresses for some people, it may take a while.
the girls were being cute as hell today. Furley was all over me, she followed me around and squeaked at me all day. she even let me pick her up a bunch of times, and she cuddled a lot with me. shes mommy's little girl.
Fonzie was nothing to sneeze at either (unless youre allergic, HA!). She was flipping and flopping all over the bed, she even fell off when al was petting her. Theyre probably the cutest cats that have ever existed. and smart too. furley is a champ at playing fetch, shell drop her ball right off in my lap.

I made a delish dinner too. im trying to re evaluate the diet because im gaining weight at a rapid pace. and its been a long time since ive been able to cook and i miss it. My sister in law Adrienne brought us this pesto from milan so i made fettucine with pesto. it was sooooo good. we also made Cesar salad. i wanted sweet stuff, more specifically i wanted the halloween mix of jelly beans (black, orange, and yellow) but as per usual the chop disappointed. I will never understand why so many people are opposed to black jelly beans. it invokes such a strong reaction in people and they usually make the puke noise. Its my favorite whats the deal? i think i like it so much because when i was little one of my fave treats were black babies - only they were called something a bit worse than that at the time. i was allowed ten after dinner, that was my dessert. things were always counted out for me. i also would get smarties, i think i had more than ten though. i should really start measuring again, as im well on my way to eating a whole box of cheese nips. back to the chop story.... so i bought straight up jelly beans and jube jubes. I thought the party committee needed some sweets but surprisingly lisa got nachos. andrea opted for the hickory smoked almonds. i wish i had opted for nothing because the jelly beans were tearing my insides apart.
I think this party is going to be great, we got a lot of stuff organized and weve got some pretty good ideas regarding the appetizers and decor. Tomorrow al and i are going to the danforth for some shopping. friday after work lisa and i might head out as well. i was able to get some shots of the committee hard at work...









as you can see, we did a lot of looking at pictures and writing things down. This party is gonna be a rager.
a fly just tried to get up my nose. ok im going to try to go to bed now, its only 1am!! wish me luck.

4 comments:

LC//Lucy Fur said...

1. your kitties are amazing! I <3 them.

2. it's good to hear you're gaining weight! mmm food.

3. because black jelly beans are the devil.


love, pumpkin.

Unknown said...

You better not be thinking about easing up on the weight gain. You need to get your booty back! I think you should just make sure that you're eating a balanced diet and you are getting healthy fruits and veggies in, but defintely keep up with the weight gain. You are looking fiiine with your plump(er) cheeks.

Seeing you guys planning my party is driving me up the wall with excitement and anticipation. I want to buy a new dress but I might be too broke! :( I want to wear a pretty dress to my party but I might have to repeat my outfit from your wedding.

I can't stop thinking about how much I need/want a cat. Last night I was fantasizing about having a kitty sleep next to me at night.

Cheryl Nelson-McCartney said...

big kitty has cast a spell on you!

dont worry, i couldnt ease up on the eating if i tried! but this week i have been planning out our meals so they are balanced.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked the pesto! Looking forward to taking you to the "5 terre" to taste it in its homeland!